Mushroom compost is a popular soil conditioner and soft mulch for garden beds, particularly for vegetable, fruit, and herb growing in Western Australia. Mushroom compost is a medium maturity product suitable for supplying a balance of slow release nutrients and improving soil health.
Our mushroom compost is a quality mixture of straw, poultry manure, gypsum, peat, and limestone, and is an excellent dual-purpose compost and mulch. It can be incorporated into the soil or used as a mulch to suppress weeds, conserve moisture, and feed the soil.
- One product to protect the soil and feed plant growth
- Significantly improves soil water infiltration and storage
- Creates soil conditions that support vigorous root growth
- Feeds beneficial soil biology that drives growth and combats disease
- Improves nutrient availability
- Significantly reduces fertiliser use
- Protects soil from wind and water erosion
Mushroom compost can be incorporated into the topsoil to build structure and feed plant growth, or top dressed as a weed suppressant, soil feeder, and protective mulch. Hamiltons Landscape Supplies, Soils Aint Soils takes every care in the production of our range of mulches, but we do not and cannot guarantee that they are weed-free as they are produced and stored in outside environments.